This salad can also be made as the classic ones, by mixing in advance the potato with the sauce and the aromatics. If done, it then must be kept in the fridge!
ingredients for 4 servings (cost about 2,5€ pp)
- 800 g red non starchy potatoes, cut in thick slices
- 1 small and tender celery stick, chopped
- 1 scallion sliced horizontally
- 1 teaspoonful hot mustard
- 1 teaspoonful mustard in grains
- 50 ml good quality white vinegar
- 150 ml EV sunflower oil
- A little honey for acidity balancing
- Pink pepper
- Chopped parsley
First of all we boil carefully the potatoes in plenty of salted water. Cool, easy boiling, to have control of the potato tenderness. We can also put 50 ml of vinegar in the boiling water to turn it to more acidic, something that will help the potatoes to maintain their shape.
Meanwhile, we prepare the sauce, mixing the mustards, the vinegar, the oil and a little bit of salt. We check the acidity of the sauce adding very small quantity of honey, until the sauce gets balanced.
We put the potatoes in the plate.
We pour the sauce on top and decorate with the chopped celery stick, the chopped parsley, the sliced scallion and the rose pepper.